POSITION TITLE: Devops Engineer
EXEMPT Y/N (US Positions only): YES
LOCATION: US (Cleveland, OH)
SUPERVISOR: VP, Technical Operations
For over 20 years, the people of Kalibrate have been staying ahead of the curve in the fast-moving world of fuel and convenience retail. We were the first to use the power of data for better decisions. Then, as today, our proprietary analytics made data a smart, actionable tool. In an era when others focused on cutting costs, we changed the paradigm to building revenue, market share and profits. Over 300 clients, in 68 countries on six continents, in mature and emerging markets, for clients large and small, Kalibrate is there with flexible, dynamic solutions that fit.
Operational and software engineering role focused on reliability, scalability, and the development of cloud computing infrastructure. The Devops Engineer develops, maintains and operates software that automates the traditional roles of the system administrator at large scale, such as configuration and cluster management systems, and that support reliability and scalability goals, such as container virtualization and the systems architecture of microservices. This role will provide platform support for both Kalibrate’s internal IT systems as well as production customer hosting solutions.
- Design and build Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Select, build, and run system management tools for monitoring and alerting
- Manage environments across cloud providers (AWS, Azure, RackSpace) and on-premises environments
- Participate in Architecture Reviews for a broad set of projects.
- Identify opportunities that can help improve cost and operational efficiency of business processes through software enhancements.
- Directly influence the transition of a traditional enterprise software stack into a highly testable, reusable, and maintainable SaaS platform.
- Ensure compliance with all architecture directions and frameworks including technical, security, and regulatory standards.
- Enhance the continuous integration and deployment paths for a large B2B software company
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues and help identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing business needs.
- Prepare documentation for deployment purposes and respond to any implementation issues as needed to ensure quality deliverable has been met.
- Special projects as assigned.
We are seeking candidates whom are:
- Execution-focused individuals that exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit.
- People that strive for software craftsmanship and consistently make pragmatic decisions in their work.
- Proactive problem solvers with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- People that can deal with ambiguity. You must be vigilant in seeking answers.
- People that want to make an impact, and influence our technology decisions, code quality, and the business.
- People that can challenge their peers, coach, and be coached.
- Open to working in a collaborative and Agile development environment.
- Independently motivated, desire to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience plus five (5) years’ experience in technology and systems design roles. Experience must include:
- C#/.NET development experience required.
- Java development experience preferred
- Python/Ruby/JRuby experience preferred
- CI/CD Experience required, Jenkins, Travis, or Bamboo experience preferred
- Terraform. Chef, Salt, or Ansible experience required, Ansible and Terraform preferred
- 3+ years using Linux, certification (LPIC-2, LFCE, RHCE) preferred
- MSSQL, MySQL, or Oracle required, MSSQL preferred
- Distributed DB stores including Elastic Search, Mongo DB, Cassandra, Hadoop preferred
Kalibrate is an Equal Opportunity Employer